St. Mark's Vestry
The vestry is the lay (non-clerical) administrative board of the church. According to the canons of the Episcopal Church, “The Vestry shall be agents and legal representatives of the Parish in all matters concerning its corporate property and the relations of the Parish to its Clergy.” (Title I Canon 14.2) The primary responsibilities of the vestry are to
- Care for the finances of the church
- Care for and maintain parish facilities
- Choose parish leadership
- Interview and call a Rector
- Elect delegates to Annual Diocesan Convention
- Assist the Rector in promoting the spiritual welfare of the parish.
Your vestry members are pictured below with the final year of their three year term shown in parentheses.